Monday, April 25, 2016

Week 45:Prayers and Priesthood blessings


So this has been a good week as far as numbers go, but our golden families have come to a screeching halt in their progression. At church yesterday we had 20 INVESTIGATORS!!! Whoo hoo! Also this week we contacted more than 20 references!!! We were so blessed with members in our area that were willing and ready to introduce us to their friends and families. 

On one occasion, we asked a young man of a member family if he had any friends that we could visit with him, he took us out for about an hour and led us to 5 new families! One of these families that he led us to is named Kenny and Francisca. When we met with Kenny, he was just about to get hammered drunk with his friends, but he invited us to teach him and all of his friends. We had a quick little lesson with them, and then he invited us to come to his house to say a prayer for his sick daughter. We went to his house and began talking with him about his life and about his drinking and smoking problem. After a couple of minutes he broke down and began to weep. His wife wakes up every morning and begs him to give up his addictions, his parents plead with him to stay home so that he doesn't go out and drink, and he told us that he wants to give it up but that there is a part within him that won't let him give it up. He explained to us his problems for about 10 minutes, and the Spirit sucker punched me in the gut and I felt as though we should offer to give him a blessing. Elder Perez agreed, and we gave him a blessing and promised him that if he truly wanted to give up his addictions that the Lord would help him and give him the strength and desire to do so. During the entire blessing, Kenny wept and the Spirit was intense. After the blessing, we told him that he could not go back to his friends house that night, and that we would call him that night, and every day to check up on him and help him in any way that we can. When we called him last night, his phone was out of battery, but when we called him today he told us that he has been at home ever since the blessing and has been taking care of his wife and daughter. I really hope that he uses his agency correctly from here on out. Agency is one thing that I've come to love as a missionary, but at times it is the biggest obstacle- Sometimes people are too stupid to deserve their agency. But we'll keep checking up with him and help him out.

This morning we played futebol with President Koch at a somewhat decent field that we discovered. We ended up playing from 11-12 and I got scorched!!! So I'll be in some pain for the next couple of days, but it was all worth it. I've really developed a love for futebol. In the past, before the mission, I used to see an empty field and imagine two end-zones and yard markers, but now I look at an empty field and I think, "Man! If you were to put a goal on each end, that would make a PERFECT futebol field." It's weird what immersion in a new culture can do to you.

Big Shout Out to Elder Bryce Janes!!! Little Rock Arkansas is blessed to have you! Welcome to the Best Army in the Eternities! Love you, Elder.

Devon, I want you to know that I pray especially for you every night before I go to bed. I pray for numerous things for you. 1. I pray that you will come here to Mozambique so that I can train you! And 2. I pray that you are preparing yourself sufficiently for your mission. I love you and I'll see you here in a couple of months, Alright?

Well, that's all I've got for this week. I love you all and hope everything is going well at home.

Com todo meu amor,

Elder Rash

Beira Futebol team with Pres. Koch!

I don't even know what to say about this......

No comments:

Post a Comment