Monday, July 11, 2016

Week 57: Praying for more success in Swaziland


Hello Family and Friends!

Welcome to another week here in the Kingdom of Swaziland.

This week as we were tracting, we knocked on the richest door I could find, to our surprise, the King himself opened the door. We sat down with him and his 16 wives and taught the Restoration of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. They will all be baptized next week....

Yeah, I wish.

But it was a decent week. A lot of walking up hills, a lot of sore legs and muscles, blisters, the usual. But we did have a new investigator come to church!!! Whoo hoo! His name is Bheki (Beggy). He is in his late 20's, he is a fire fighter, and he came straight to church after work. He worked all Saturday night and got off work at 8 o'clock on Sunday morning and came straight to church. He even came early!!! That is rare! We had sat with him and his mother 2 times this last week and he said that he knew that Joseph Smith was a prophet after praying about it. I was so happy to see him come to church!

Unfortunately, Easter and Zelda have yet to come to church. I know that they have a desire to change their lives, but they haven't been coming to church. They read the scriptures, are trying to quit smoking, and are trying to do a 180 with their lives, but every sunday she wakes up really sick. As I said, she has cancer and is really weak. Smoking doesn't help. And she is really sick a lot of the time.

She loves the scriptures and reads everyday from the Bible, Book of Mormon, and Doctrine and Covenants. I just wish that they would come to church.

We have been working really hard and have been ever so slowly building up a decent teaching pool. I just hope everything keeps improving.

Well, we'll keep working hard and persevering. Thank you all so much for your prayers and keep em coming. We need them. The People of Swaziland needs em.

I love Missionary Work. I know I am on the Lord's Errand. I know He lives. I know He loves me.

Also,

Congrats Sarah Barker! You'll kill it in Australia!

Congrats to AJ Karem! As you continue to grow in the gospel I know that more happiness awaits you than you have ever known. I'm proud of you Man! Keep it up!

Happy Birthday Grandma Starr! You don't look a day over 29!

Shelbie, Stay away from boys. You are too young. Haha! And just a shout out to all you boys:

Stay. Away. From. My. Sister.

The Church is True.
Elder Rash

Happy 4th of July (Elder Nielsen, Elder Rash, Elder Watteyne)

God Bless America (Elder Rash and Elder Larsen)

The Brazilian Crew

Elder Larsen

Elder Nielsen

Elder Watteyne

Dessert made by Sis. Martin, Elder Sharpe and Elder Larsen

Elder and Sis. Martin taking care of our missionaries

Tracting in the clouds

Selfie with Elder Brocleir from Brazil

No comments:

Post a Comment