Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Week 79: No time to be sick when you are in the Service of our Lord


Firstly, Happy Birthday, Dad! I don't know your exact age, and I won't even try to guess, but I do know that your birthday was yesterday! Know that I was thinking about you and that I love you.

Secondly, Happy Birthday, Elder Hofeling! Elder Hofeling had his birthday on Dec. 9th and I hope everything is going well with him in the Philippines.

Thirdly, Congrats to Spencer Ellsworth on the mission call to France! That is Awesome! Welcome to God's Army!

Well this week for me was... Different... To say the least. For the first few days of the week, Elder Goes and I were running Nampula by ourselves; which was a little difficult. Both of us had important lessons that we wanted to have, and we just didn't have enough time to work both areas efficiently. So we weren't as efficient from Friday until the following Thursday when our companions arrived. 

Then, when our companions arrived, it seemed as if there were so many surprises that we had to take care of here. A young woman got her mission call, and so we were asked to plan a surprise party/reveal for her- she will be serving in Zambia and reports in Jan.

Friday was the only normal day that we had. We got out to work and worked for the full time.

Saturday we had baptisms planned in the morning, AND we learned that one of the members that we love very much , we learned that he had suffered a fatal accident and passed away the night before. His wife is in the hospital in critical condition, and his funeral was yesterday. So that has brought a gloom over the whole branch. Also on Saturday we were full with English classes, trainings, and other meetings.

On Sunday and Monday I was unable to leave the house because of Health Issues. I could hardly get out of bed at times. But now I am getting better.

My companion is Elder Oliveira. He is from Sao Paulo, Brazil. He is 26 years old. He is the epitomy of Christlike service, and Christlike love. He helped me out a lot while I was sick. He has been very patient with me and very loving. He speaks excellent English, and has 14 months on his Mission.

We are planning 2 weddings for the month of January. Elizio and Clara, and Hercilio and Saquinna.

I think that is all I have to report on for now.

Thank you all so much for your prayers.

Elder Rash
 
*  Note from mom:  Elder Rash has been seen by a doctor for his abscess that we found out is on his face!  His face swelled up and that's when it became a concern.  He is on antibiotics and feeling better.

No comments:

Post a Comment