Thursday, July 16, 2015

Week 5: Last Week In The MTC



So this is my last week here in the MTC!!! I leave Monday morning on a 2 day journey to Mozambique! I leave on the 20th and arrive on the 22nd! Yay! The travel office can't really tell us much about our Visas other than that we haven't been reassigned, which is a good sign! We have received our itineraries and so we most likely have our Visas! They tell us that "No news is Good News!" Meaning that if there aren't any hang ups, they can't tell you anything! So yeah... That's all I know! But I sent home a picture of my flight itinerary! So take a look at that! My layovers are sick!

So on Tuesday, July 7th, we had a Devotional in which he spoke about the importance of the First Vision in conversion. He said, "The First Vision is Sacred and Precious and Important. It is a gift. Give it as such." Super good talk! He also said, "You don't have to believe the missionaries about the First Vision, Ask God; He was there, and He'll tell you!"

Then on Friday we got to watch the Broadcast of President Packer's Funeral. And that was a really neat and sacred experience. As I sat pondering before the funeral, they had the Mormon Tabernacle Choir singing, and as I pondered, I could imagine the hosts of heaven singing and rejoicing that One of the Lord's "Noble and Great Ones" had returned home, having "fought a good fight". Allan F Packer, M. Russell Ballard, Dallin H. Oaks, and President Monson all spoke. It was really neat, something I've never seen before!

On Sunday we got to hear from Richard I Heaton- The Administrative Director over the MTC! We heard from him a few weeks ago, but this was part 2 of his talk! This time he taught about the Book of Mormon, and it was really good! One thing I got out of it was, "Don't let your testimony become insincere and common place. Don't let your testimony lose its flavor and zeal." So that was really good. He said that you can and should always be praying for a renewed testimony of the Book of Mormon. That after a while you may not feel of the truthfulness of the Book, but you can ALWAYS pray for renewed faith and a testimony! So that was really good!
Just a quick "Holla" at my girl Kaitlyn Ray for that sweet package! Thank you so much! It meant a lot to me that you were thinking of us missionaries out here! And thanks for the gum that I'm not allowed to eat... Haha! But we are definitely going to race those cars that we got!

So this week, Mom sent a package, and within that package were some Ping Pong paddles and Ping Pong Balls! Booyah! That very second, we cleared off our table and began the Zone 7 Ping Pong Tournament! Needless to say, Elder Larsen is really good at Ping Pong. And it doesn't help that the table is literally 4 feet long.
I see Elder Hofeling and Elder Gurr just about every day! Elder Hofeling lives just a floor above me, so I go up just about every night and say goodnight! So this week we're going to film our testimonies and send them home for Brother Bazzell hopefully! If it all works out! I haven't been able to send videos home, but with the Lord's help, all things are possible!

So Congrats to Sister Kinnaman on making it to the Brazil CTM! That is awesome! We've have quite a few of the Elders in our zone receive their visas and have left for that CTM! I have also met several people here that are going to the same Mission as Sister Kinnaman! So they're going to say "Hi" for me!

Also, Elder Watson should be coming in tomorrow! Good news, Elder Hofeling and I are hosting! So there is a slim chance that we could pick him up from the curb and bring him in! Fingers crossed!
Also, Happy Birthday! Happy Birthday to Grandma Starr! How does it feel to be 50   ;) Same to you Grandpa Boushley!

Well, that's all I got this week! The next time you hear from me, I'll be half way around the World! 

I pray for all of you, and may the Lord bless you in all of your endeavors. I have a testimony of prayer. I know that prayer is mysterious as well. I know that the Lord is has blessings in store for all of us, but all we have to do is ask for them. We don't always get the answer we want, and they don't always come in the format that we may expect, but be patient. Answers do come. Sometimes answers to our questions come as the Sunrise, bit by bit, piece by piece, until it is as bright as the noonday Sun. Never give up. Never lose faith. The Lord will bless you as you humble yourself and go to Him in prayer. I testify as a servant of the Lord, Jesus Christ, that God lives. That He loves His children. I testify that Joseph Smith is a prophet of God, just as Abraham, Noah, Moses, and all of the ancient prophets were. I testify that we have a living Prophet today. That God has not left us alone. That we have a mortal man that receives revelation on behalf of the whole world, from God. His name is Thomas S. Monson. I promise you in the name of Jesus Christ, that you can pray about the Message of the Restored Gospel, and that you will receive an answer. I testify that the Book of Mormon-Another Testament of Jesus Christ, is the word of God. That a man can become closer to God and Jesus Christ by heeding its council. I testify of these things, and do so in the holy name of the Savior of the World, Jesus Christ, Amen.

If I forgot anything in my letter, just let me know and I'll address it in my email home on Saturday.

Last week to send me Dear Elders! Don't be "Fubecas!" That means "Slackers!"


Elder Ryland Rash

Note from Parents: Ryland's flight itinerary

Tuesday - Ryland flies from Salt Lake City to Dallas. He has a 3 hour layover in Dallas. He then flies to London arriving at 1:00 PM on Wed in London. He then has a 6 hour layover and leaves London 7:00 PM on Wed and flies to Johannesburg, South Africa arriving on Thursday morning around 8:00 am. He then has a short layover and then flies to Maputo, Mozambique. Also, Ryland says that they are only speaking in Portuguese now. he said that he has picked up the language pretty quickly....we will see next week when he finds himself immersed in the language.

Elder Rash

Elder Rash and their makeshift ping pong table



No comments:

Post a Comment