Sunday, September 20, 2015

Week 14: Activating the Inactive



Well, another week in the life of a Missionary for the Church of Jesus
Christ of Latter-day Saint has come and gone! This week was pretty
bland for the most part except for an activity that we had with all of
the Ward Missionaries that turned out really well! But first off...
Our Numbers;

14 Investigators with a Baptismal Date
13 Investigators in Sacrament Meeting
15 Progressing Investigators
3 Families at Church
11 New Investigators

So this week was pretty good for numbers!

I don't have a whole lot of time this week to write, so I'm sorry to
say that this email will be shorter than usual... So, I'm sorry Mom.
But yeah, like I said, nothing exciting happened this week. But we did
have an AWESOME activity with the Ward Missionaries! We wanted to get
them super excited about missionary work! So we had them go on a
search for the "lost lambs" that we had hidden pictures of throughout
the Chruch Building! So we related that to the 300 Inactive Members of
the Ward!!! We have 405 registered and baptized members in our Ward,
and only have a Frequency (Attendance) at church of about 100 people
every week. So we have a LOT of work to do with Less Active Members.
Then we talked about the 3 Things that EVERY new Member needs; A
Responsibility, a Friend, and Nurturing with the Good word of God! We
had Corn Meal, Water, and a stove- the 3 things that are essential to
make Chima! Then we gave them 2 of the 3 things and told them to make
Chima! It is impossible to make Chima without all of those 3 things,
just as it is difficult for a new member to stay active without all 3
things that President Hinkley said that they need! Then, I made 2
batches of cookies the night before. One batch I made normally, and
they were good cookies, the other batch, I left out the sugar, and
dumped in A LOT of salt! So the symbolism was how our lessons with our
Investigators are with a Member present! The lessons with the Members
present are SO much better! So the Ward Missionaries were SO much fun!
So hopefully we get a lot more participation from them in the coming
weeks!

I'm sorry Mom. You have now reached the end of the letter... Please
don't be sad or mad! But before I go, imagine me singing this Song!

Happy Birthday to you!
Happy Birthday to You!
Happy Birthday to Shelbie, Elder Poulsen, Morgan Sappington, and
Anyone Else that I don't know about.....
Happy Birthday to You!!!
Feliz Aniversario!

I love you all! Give em Heaven Out There! I'll talk to you next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment