Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Week 15 Another Weird Fruit


So this week was a little rough...

We've had to stop meeting with a lot of our investigators simply because they weren't keeping commitments. They haven't been coming to church, they having been keeping meetings with us, they haven't been reading the Book of Mormon, and they don't see any of it as a big deal! It can be quite frustrating at times. You can't learn how to swim if you don't get in the water! You can't discover that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saint is the True Church of God if you don't read the Book of Mormon, go to Church, pray, and do the Things that the gospel teaches! It's as simple as that. Read the Book of Mormon. Pray about it. If you have doubts about what Joseph Smith saw, ask God- He was there, and He will tell you!

Anyways, our stats for this week were a little weak...

13 Investigators with a Baptismal date marked

Only 3 Investigators at Church

9 Progressing Investigators

5 new Investigators

So yeah... Kind of a cruddy week, but there is an excuse... Sort of.

So this week we had 2 Divisions in a row! We had one that was planned and we knew that we were going to be having it, but the next day there was a training for all of the Leaders in the Zones. So all Zone Leaders, District Leaders, and Trainees had to go into the city for most of the day. So that day, I quickly got paired up with an Elder that had only been out 2 transfers longer than I had been!!! I was a little worried because I'd heard him speak Portuguese before, and he has the Whitest Accent ever! During ALL of the lessons, I'd have to repeat what he said so that the investigators could understand him! So it was an interesting day. But that night, when Elder Badger and I were back together, I had a SUPER spiritual experience that completely changed my day! Up to that point, I was upset, frustrated, and really annoyed with my companion. But after this experience, everything changed. I won't go into detail, but I will simply say that D&C 84:88 is 100% true, and I saw that scripture fulfilled that night.

Then on Saturday night we had a Family Night with the Ward Mission Leader and a bunch of other members that lived nearby. Needless to say, we pretty much hosted a Young Single Adult activity! We had a bunch of kids my age over and we taught a lesson, sang some hymns, then played some games!!! I felt like I was back at home, just joking around with these members that I got along with so well! We took videos, pictures, danced around a bit, and apparently I'm quite the dancer, and didn't know it! Everyone just had such a great time! So that was super fun!

I tried another weird fruit this week as well! This one is called an Atta! It's about the size of an apple, and you rip into it, and it has the consistency of gooey moist bread, has a Lot of seeds in it, and tastes like a cross between and mango and a banana! So it was interesting, but delicious!

I think that's about it for this week! Again, I'm sorry that it isn't too long of a letter, but it was a slow week...

I love you all! Thank you for your prayers on my behalf! As Sister Kinnaman said, "Do you know how many people are praying for you?" So thank you for your prayers, and know that I'm praying for you all as well! I try to mention as many people as I can, by name, in my prayers at night. Trust me, there are times where I've been on my knees for over an hour! I love you all! This Gospel is true. There is no better way to say it. If you learn it, Live it, Love it, you will be happy- I promise you!

Com Amor,

Elder Rash


Masala fruit


Masala fruit

No comments:

Post a Comment