Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Week 59: I Stand All Amazed!


I stand all amazed at the love Jesus offers me,
Confused at the grace that so fully he proffers me.
I tremble to know that for me he was crucified,
That for me, a sinner, he suffered, he bled and died.
I marvel that he would descend from his throne divine

To rescue a soul so rebellious and proud as mine,
That he should extend his great love unto such as I,
Sufficient to own, to redeem, and to justify.
I think of his hands pierced and bleeding to pay the debt!

Such mercy, such love and devotion can I forget?
No, no, I will praise and adore at the mercy seat,
Until at the glorified throne I kneel at his feet.
Oh, it is wonderful that he should care for me
Enough to die for me!
Oh, it is wonderful, wonderful to me!

As I contemplated what I should write to you all this week (knowing that Mom will probably read this in front of the whole family at Lake Powell), this hymn came to my mind and I contemplated it all day on Sunday, especially during the Sacrament. Without fail, every time I hear this hymn, my mind reflects on the scripture in John 15:13, which reads- "Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."   We are Christ's friends as we do whatsoever he commands, as we learn in verse 14.

It blows my mind every time I think about the Atonement. That "God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

That because of the great and infinite love that God has for us, he provided us a way so return and live with him. That for ME- a sinner- Christ suffered, bled, and died. Oh it is wonderful to me! I know that through Jesus Christ that we can be perfected, and that God loves us.
38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord. (Romans 8: 38-39)
I know that God lives. I know Christ is our Savior. I know that God loves His children and answers their prayers. I know that through Jesus Christ, all can come unto Him and be perfected through Him. I am grateful to be on the Lord's errand. I know this is His work.
13 Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of Him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life. 3 Nephi 5:13
I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy. (Alma 29:9)

Okay, now I will step down from my soap box. But I did want all of you to know that I have a testimony of these things.

Anyways... I remember Caleb did this during his mission, so let's see if I can remember everyone's names. Now, forgive me in advance. Some of the younger ones weren't even born before I left, and some were very small still, so I know I will forget one or two or maybe three names... It doesn't mean that I don't love you, but it is just that I don't know you, Haha! So here we go;

Hello to...
Mom and Dad
Tobie and Austin (and hello to the little fetus that is inside Tobie. If she hasn't already told you that she is pregnant... then this is awkward...)
Caleb- Shave your face.
Devon and Rebecca (everyone look quick! Devon is smiling because the person who is reading this said Rebecca's name!) Haha! I love you Devon! I'll see you soon.
And Shelbie, Minha Princesa
Reese and Melissa
Zach
Colton
Kimmy
Holly
Norah
Troy and Jodi
Brooklyn
Brigham
Talmage
Heath and Laura
Morgin (Mo)
Haley
Layla
Luke
JD and Cassie
Bryson
Coby Jay
Tanner
and the little baby girl that I can't remember her name... I'm sorry.
Jeremy and Debbie
Korbin
Lilly
I forgot the next little girl's name...
Weston
Matt and Dustie
Bailie
Kayden
Preston
Broden
I don't know if Kamee and Tyson are there but hello to Kamee and Tyson
Emmy
Riggins
And of course Hello to Grandma and Grandpa!!!
Also, hello to Grammy when she reads this.
And if I forgot anyone who is there...
(Insert Name Here)

Sera muito dificil voltando para casa porque ninguem vai me reconhecer! Ainda, vos amo muito.

So hello to all of you Lake Powellans! I hope you all have an awesome week! Please stay safe. Make memories. And cherish the time that you guys have together. You'll all miss this time when it is passed. So make the most of it. I hope we can have the whole family together again next year. Just to announce to everyone, I come home on the 22nd of May, of 2017. So I'll see you all relatively soon.

Well, I love you all. Miss you, and I pray for you all very often. I feel your prayers and thank you for all the support you have given me.
Love,
Elder Rash

Burning garbage close to their house

HUMP Day Camel made it and Elder Rash is sharing with his friend Elder Brocheir


HUMP DAY!!!!!

Elder Rash speaks very highly of Elder Brocheir. you can tell they have become close friends

Fog every morning


Easter and Zelda

Easter and Zelda's family

No comments:

Post a Comment